What is OAuth? OAuth is an an emerging protocol for sharing information between applications without sharing passwords. Chances are good that you’ve already used Oauth but may not have been aware of it. (Palmolive – Madge, you’re soaking in it). OAuth is favored by social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn and the …
Tag Archive: What is OAuth?
Permanent link to this article: http://demystifyit.com/5-things-you-should-know-about-oauth/
- Loading tweets...
- Power utilities claim 'daily' and 'constant' cyberattacks, says reportU.S. Congressmen Ed Markey and Henry Waxman pen a report outlining the increased hacks on power grid computer systems, saying that one utility receives about 10,000 attempted cyberattacks per month. [Read more] […]
- Google+ rolls out a redesign for mobile Web similar to desktopSwitching up its mobile interface to look more like its desktop design, the Web giant adds "cards," cover photos, and larger tap targets. [Read more] […]
- Teens: Facebook is just, like, too much dramaIn a new Pew Report on teens and their social-networking habits, Twitter appears to be offering a resurgence, while Facebook may be losing impact. Because Facebook is just, well, too much. [Read more] […]
- Must-see videos from CTIA 2013CNET brings you the best of CTIA's new devices all on video. [Read more] […]
- Amazon proposes a colossal biospherelike Seattle campusForget the Space Needle, the e-commerce giant is planning to bring 3.3 million square feet of office space to Seattle in the form of mirrored towers and giant spherical domes filled with plant life. [Read more] […]
- Analyst: Google Fiber probably won't go nationalGoogle Fiber has been on a small surge lately with a number of new small town stops, but IHS iSuppli is skeptical about a nationwide tour. [Read more] […]
- GIF creator: It's a soft 'g', Mr. PresidentSteve Wilhite, the man who created the GIF, is miffed that anyone -- be it the Oxford English Dictionary or the White House -- should imagine it's not pronounced like "jiffy." [Read more] […]
- Comics Web site Comics Alliance to relaunch?The massively popular comics Web site was seemingly shut down by AOL late last month, yet a new post on the site hints at a return. [Read more] […]
- Chrome gets a touch fasterFaster browsing and better offline support for some Web apps kick off the stable version of Chrome 27. [Read more] […]
- Spotify debuts weekly top 50The music-streaming service launches most-streamed and most-shared song lists, as well as a feature that tracks number of plays. [Read more] […]